we’re made up of constellations and lipstick stains
of the alcohol we drink and the books we read
we’re made up of stolen glances and the leaves that we’ve picked up
of the flowers we put in our hair and the smoke we’ve inhaled
we’re made up of loss and gain and the pain we’ve learned to endure
of the streets we’ve crossed and the sunsets we’ve watched
we’re made up of unspoken agreements and words we wish we’d said
of lost dreams and newfound hope
we’re made up of the same things and we are all human
but we are all different"
flood people with compliments. make eye contact. don’t be the first one to let go of a hug. push yourself to run faster and further. listen intentionally
Do it without expecting anything in return. Give generously without selfish gain
1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapter make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough."
Unknown (via thexpotent)
This hit me harder than I expected.